President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
BO maintained that “Police chiefs are asking our help to get weapons of war and massive ammunition magazines off our streets, because they are tired of being outgunned.” What a farce! Citizens are outgunned by both the government and the criminals on the street. Law-abiding citizens do not have access to automatic weapons as do the police and our government agencies. If semiautomatics are banned and magazine capacity limited, law-abiding citizens will be forced to use 19th century technology to defend themselves against attackers using 21st century firearms technology.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Police protect Jewish students from Pro-Palestinian mob…in Boston Guy Benson 8 hours ago