In response to:
Another let's let them in if their legal/skilled argument. BS. The US currently has no shortage of labor skilled or unskilled. We have plenty of citizens who have education and skills that are not employed. The old argument of I like legal immigration and dislike illegal immigration is nothing more then spin. Simply put legal immigration affects this country with just as much negative consequences as does illegal immigration. Because we no longer require legal immigrants to have a sponsor who is financially responsible, millions of legal immigrants are now using social services. They come and because they are legal, they qualify. While the top 10% in this country will never feel the impacts of increased immigration, most certainly the lower 90 will. Any surplus of labor regardless of legality increases unemployment and wage depression. At current population growth rates, the US can expect to top 400 million in 35 years. Most of US population growth is due to immigrants and their children. Illegal immigration should be stopped and made impossible. Legal immigration should be halted for a period of no less then 10 years. Then a sustainable rate of no more then 100,000/year. No more family reunification/chain migration. All immigration should be based on skills and financial independence.
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 19 mins ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 59 mins ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 12 hours ago