Yeah, me too.

The Role of 'Educators'

pyrope Wrote: Jan 08, 2013 11:20 AM
Mr. Sowell "nails it" time after time and this article is no exception. One asks, however, just how did we sink to this deplorable state where government-run schools have become nothing more than indoctrination centers, paid for by people who are diametrically opposed to what they're teaching. Government gained this power when they convinced us that education is a right. It most certainly is not; it is a privilege! But, since government is responsible for ensuring all citizens' rights are guaranteed, the so-called "right" to an education became the facility that government sought all along--and the teachers and government are the facilitators of their socialism. Nothing will change unless We the People make it change.

Winning Ugly: Obama and the Fiscal Cliff

pyrope Wrote: Jan 04, 2013 11:12 AM
That was true 100 years ago and it's still true today. Kudos!

Winning Ugly: Obama and the Fiscal Cliff

pyrope Wrote: Jan 04, 2013 11:10 AM
Unfortunately, I'm afraid there will no longer be an America to kick around, either. 0bama and his willing cohorts on both sides of the so-called "political aisle" will have driven the final nail into the coffin that our forebears struggled to provide and preserve.
It strains a reasonable man to find something to say about Al Sharpton that is fit for polite society and I believe all rational people would agree. However, what does it say about his constituents that he is reelected time after time after time? The people who vote for him are reflections of him, and that my friend is what's most sad about Al Sharpton.
Ms. Glover gave the best advice--don't appear to be impatient. I have no respect for Bill Kristol's opinion, wouldn't trust ANY advice from a Democrat, and don't know about the remainging gentleman. I would add the following: Mr. Romney seemed to be wound up a bit too tight--he needs to work just a bit more on being less intense while maintaining a posture that would not permit anyone to run over him. (Leherer really tried to do that!) In a best case scenario, on the last debate, Mr. Romney would cause -0bama to come unwrapped and lose his composure. (He almost did it the other night when -0bama began stuttering) The way to make -0bama lose composure is to respond to his lies with irrefutable fact.
Most people cannot fathom Mr. Payne's rationale. Truly sad, isn't it? As for myself, having grown up as what could be defined as "underprivileged" I was never taught to think of myself as some sort of victim. I was also taught to never begrudge anyone of what they have but to get off my posterior and proved that I could earn even more. Well, I might never have made it to millionaire status, but it's nice to know I was blessed enough to live in a country where I might have.

Those Polls, That Biden

pyrope Wrote: Aug 18, 2012 2:45 AM
While I pray the -0bama regime will be run out of Washington DC next January, I pray that every one of those miscreants live their full measure of 120 years on Earth and are reminded each day of the failure that was their policies and suffer the vituperations of every citizen of our country. I hope they are treated as the scourge they were upon our country and that NO ONE ever allows them a moments respite when they crawl out from under whatever rock they call home.

Corzine Will Not Be Prosecuted

pyrope Wrote: Aug 18, 2012 2:39 AM
There is no such thing as Justice if Corzine does not do some prison time over the MFGlobal swindle but there is a day of judgement coming in a higher court.
I am S-O-O-O looking forward to Mitt Romney telling the -0bama regime "You're Fired!" next January. I would give $1000 and pay my own transportation to deliver the pink slip to Mizz Incompetano. Still, I must admit I am not voting "for" Romney but "against" -0bama. :-/