Their thinking was this: The GOP was on the wrong side of the polls in the battle over raising taxes on the highest earners. Surveys showed substantial public support for the president and Democrats on that issue. But Republicans are on...
In response to:
George Bush tried for 5 years to get his tax cuts made permanent, but it took the most Liberal President and most Left-Leaning Congressional Members, and the Media, draging and screaming, to give George W.Bush a victory of 98%. I don't know about you people, but when I was in college,anytime I got 98% on anything I was elated. How dumb can the Republicans be if they got the other side to beg and cajole them into making something they claimed were irresonsible, PERMANENT. Let's hear it for those dumb old Republicans !
During the "fiscal cliff" battle, I asked several Republican lawmakers why they didn't push harder for spending cuts in exchange for their historic concession to vote for higher taxes. They invariably answered that they were waiting for the fight over raising the debt ceiling. Then, they promised, Republicans would demand serious cuts, especially in entitlement spending, from President Obama.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 8 hours ago