Let's not forget that Romney is "the candidate the Obama campaign wanted all along". That was their assessment, is, break out the champagne, Romney broomed the other Republicans. Then came the most lopsided, disastrous debate for any president or any presidential candidate in history. In one night, in front of 70,000,000 people, the mask was gone, the greek columns were gone and the teleprompter was missing. Poof, just like that, the people saw that 300-500 million had been spent demonizing Romney and the media have been hailing the chief of idiocy for 4 years now. Remember, this is what the Obama campaign originally wanted.
This election is not turning out the way President Barack Obama had expected. Perhaps that is why he has looked so uncomfortable in his three debates with the suddenly debonair Governor Mitt Romney. Possibly President Obama had expected something more from the former governor of Massachusetts, the former CEO of the 2002 Winter Olympics, the former head of Bain Capital -- and, incidentally, is not Bain Capital assuming the same demonic role in this contest between Obama and Romney as Halliburton industries once played in the campaigns of Bush-Cheney? It is, I suppose, an asset that in all their years of...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 10 hours ago