A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
It's time to just Let it go. All of it. To prolong this is to guarantee a bleed down and massive increase in the long term debt. Face it now. Whatever that brings for all else is lost otherwise.
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 28 minutes ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 3 hours ago