On "Hardball," Chris Matthews was tingling away. It was an "amazing ceremony," he insisted. After an Obama clip, he said, "There was a moment in American history right there. Last week, when...
"Make no mistake, this was not an angry mob action, as the press is calling it, but a planned attack by Islamic radicals timed to occur on the 11th anniversary of 9/11. The claimed outrage about the Youtube film is just a ruse, perhaps used to inflame the crowd, while the professional terrorists did their deadly work." How is it that I, who is certainly NOT an expert on Middle East affairs, could conclude that on the morning of September 12, based upon the limited, but revealing, facts available at that time, while our State Department and the mainstream press were unable to even consider that same conclusion? Corruption is the answer. The State Department and press are concerned about covering their tracks and not the truth.
On September 14 at Andrews Air Force Base just outside the Washington Beltway, President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton welcomed home the remains of four Americans killed at our consulate in Benghazi, Libya. It was a moment of national mourning. The president was presidential, Mrs. Clinton, dignified. But for some journalists, it was, quite strangely and inappropriately something to view only through the tacky lens of politics.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago