On "Hardball," Chris Matthews was tingling away. It was an "amazing ceremony," he insisted. After an Obama clip, he said, "There was a moment in American history right there. Last week, when...
"Make no mistake, this was not an angry mob action, as the press is calling it, but a planned attack by Islamic radicals timed to occur on the 11th anniversary of 9/11. The claimed outrage about the Youtube film is just a ruse, perhaps used to inflame the crowd, while the professional terrorists did their deadly work." How is it that I, who is certainly NOT an expert on Middle East affairs, could conclude that on the morning of September 12, based upon the limited, but revealing, facts available at that time, while our State Department and the mainstream press were unable to even consider that same conclusion? Corruption is the answer. The State Department and press are concerned about covering their tracks and not the truth.
On September 14 at Andrews Air Force Base just outside the Washington Beltway, President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton welcomed home the remains of four Americans killed at our consulate in Benghazi, Libya. It was a moment of national mourning. The president was presidential, Mrs. Clinton, dignified. But for some journalists, it was, quite strangely and inappropriately something to view only through the tacky lens of politics.
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 32 minutes ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago