On "Hardball," Chris Matthews was tingling away. It was an "amazing ceremony," he insisted. After an Obama clip, he said, "There was a moment in American history right there. Last week, when...
"Make no mistake, this was not an angry mob action, as the press is calling it, but a planned attack by Islamic radicals timed to occur on the 11th anniversary of 9/11. The claimed outrage about the Youtube film is just a ruse, perhaps used to inflame the crowd, while the professional terrorists did their deadly work." How is it that I, who is certainly NOT an expert on Middle East affairs, could conclude that on the morning of September 12, based upon the limited, but revealing, facts available at that time, while our State Department and the mainstream press were unable to even consider that same conclusion? Corruption is the answer. The State Department and press are concerned about covering their tracks and not the truth.
On September 14 at Andrews Air Force Base just outside the Washington Beltway, President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton welcomed home the remains of four Americans killed at our consulate in Benghazi, Libya. It was a moment of national mourning. The president was presidential, Mrs. Clinton, dignified. But for some journalists, it was, quite strangely and inappropriately something to view only through the tacky lens of politics.
- International community concerned America violating international law by striking Syria? Noah Rothman 41 mins ago
- Jihadi social media: Khorasan Group leader Muhsin al-Fadhli killed in U.S. airstrikes in Syria Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 4 hours ago