Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
Professor Hanson, Knowing your heritage, I would love to say that things will get better; but CA "political demographics" have created an environment that will only perpetuate the same failed policies. Until the 7-8 million illegals with their 3m "US" dependants are properly addressed; there will be no hope. But you wrote a book on this so I defer!
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- Five dead in Ukraine clashes as Obama warns on sanctions Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago