Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Freedom of Religion: Since we now have our messiah on earth in the body of Der Fuhrer we can jettison all other beliefs and just worship him. Freedom of Speech: Nobody has the right to question or disagree with Der Fuhrer, so out it goes. Freedom of the Press: See Freedom of Speech. Freedom from Unreasonable Searches or Seizures: Der Fuhrer's brownshirts will have the right to enter your home anytime they want and stop you on the street for any reason. Freedom from Self-Incrimination: You're kidding, right? You WILL testify against yourself and you WILL say what we tell you to say. Right to a trial by a jury of your peers: Nope. You will go before a judge appointed by Der Fuhrer and receive your sentence, no trial.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 29 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 13 hours ago