Obamacare is falling apart before our eyes. The long-term care insurance program known as the CLASS ACT was deemed financially unworkable and shut down by the administration's own actuaries. Taxpayer-funded health care cooperatives never got off the ground and were shut down in the fiscal cliff deal. Last month the federal Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan stopped accepting enrollment applications. This week 79 U.S. senators, including 34 Democrats, voted to repeal the law's medical device tax. Premiums in the individual and small group markets could spike as much as 116 percent next year. The wheels are already wobbling and the worst is...
Come October the picture connected to Obummers autobiography will be the famous image of the Hindenburg going down in flames. A computer programmer with experience going back to punch tape and Hollerith Card days has done a thorough analysis of the data reporting requirements and concluded that the job is financially and logistically impossible for the Feds to accomplish. The reason being that the data reporting requirements demand that old and mutually incompatible computers at different agencies must report to a data aggregator for the exchanges to function. There is no provision for the resources necessary to build the new computing systems and the people who know how to write new programs for these old systems are retired or dead.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago