We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
What is it you do not understand, mJohn? The police can use deadly force if a perp evades arrest; however, they can't just execute a citizen at will (at least not legally).
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 49 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago