The FISA Amendments Act largely exempted the federal government from having to work through a special court system in order to obtain warrants to monitor communications involving Americans. While President Obama was in the Senate, he opposed the legislation. Now that he's actually wielding the levers of...
In response to:
Didn't we just see that argument from you about republicans doing it first, so Ø and democrats deserve no blame?
Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein has been presided over four days of committee debate over reauthorization of the FISA Amendments Act with an iron fist and incredible subordination to the Obama Administration. The FISA Amendments Act of 2008 was set to expire, but President Obama has been pushing for its un-amended reauthorization.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago