The FISA Amendments Act largely exempted the federal government from having to work through a special court system in order to obtain warrants to monitor communications involving Americans. While President Obama was in the Senate, he opposed the legislation. Now that he's actually wielding the levers of...
In response to:
Didn't we just see that argument from you about republicans doing it first, so Ø and democrats deserve no blame?
Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein has been presided over four days of committee debate over reauthorization of the FISA Amendments Act with an iron fist and incredible subordination to the Obama Administration. The FISA Amendments Act of 2008 was set to expire, but President Obama has been pushing for its un-amended reauthorization.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago