I'm in the camp that believes Republicans have no choice but to agree to raise taxes on the top 2 percent of earners. The party has been successfully caricatured as the servant of the rich. This is unjust, yes, but justice is imperfect in this life. It's political suicide for Republicans to stand fast on maintaining current rates for high earners even at the cost of raising taxes for everyone else. Imagine if we went over the fiscal cliff. In January, Obama would call upon Congress to pass a law restoring the tax rates for 98 percent of filers. What could...
Sorry pal, we've lost. I've got my armadillo shell on and I'm praying for the best. Democracy's over once the majority believes they can vote themselves whatever benefits they want. This last election was the tipping point and the Republic is gone.
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 54 minutes ago
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago