I'm in the camp that believes Republicans have no choice but to agree to raise taxes on the top 2 percent of earners. The party has been successfully caricatured as the servant of the rich. This is unjust, yes, but justice is imperfect in this life. It's political suicide for Republicans to stand fast on maintaining current rates for high earners even at the cost of raising taxes for everyone else. Imagine if we went over the fiscal cliff. In January, Obama would call upon Congress to pass a law restoring the tax rates for 98 percent of filers. What could...
Sorry pal, we've lost. I've got my armadillo shell on and I'm praying for the best. Democracy's over once the majority believes they can vote themselves whatever benefits they want. This last election was the tipping point and the Republic is gone.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago