Ideally a woman would never have an abortion because every pregnancy would be wanted and welcome, and would have no ill effect on her health. However, we do not live in an ideal world. So it is important to maintain this right. No one looks forward to an abortion. That is just totally preposterous. And I think the right to control one's reproductive life--to make one's own decision whether or not to bear children--is a crucial right for women to have. It has implications for their education, employment, and personal happiness. And yes, I'm talking about the right TO have children as well as the right not to. It's the individual woman's choice (with her spouse or anyone else she CHOOSES to involve), not a choice for the rest of us to make.
An article earlier this year in Politico speculated that this presidential election may be the first one ever to be decided by women. The Obama campaign understands this, and has trotted out a series of ditzy female celebrities to declare their support for Obama because he is for “women’s rights.” Eva Longoria, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Ashley Judd, Scarlett Johansson and others have come out publicly with statements within the past few weeks. Longoria spoke at the Democratic National Convention, and has said, "There is an attack on women’s health care and President Obama's policies are the only ones that are...
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 19 minutes ago
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Did Cuomo obstruct his own anti-corruption crusade? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Planned Parenthood teen sex education: You could get tied to a tree … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 3 hours ago