Ideally a woman would never have an abortion because every pregnancy would be wanted and welcome, and would have no ill effect on her health. However, we do not live in an ideal world. So it is important to maintain this right. No one looks forward to an abortion. That is just totally preposterous. And I think the right to control one's reproductive life--to make one's own decision whether or not to bear children--is a crucial right for women to have. It has implications for their education, employment, and personal happiness. And yes, I'm talking about the right TO have children as well as the right not to. It's the individual woman's choice (with her spouse or anyone else she CHOOSES to involve), not a choice for the rest of us to make.
An article earlier this year in Politico speculated that this presidential election may be the first one ever to be decided by women. The Obama campaign understands this, and has trotted out a series of ditzy female celebrities to declare their support for Obama because he is for “women’s rights.” Eva Longoria, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Ashley Judd, Scarlett Johansson and others have come out publicly with statements within the past few weeks. Longoria spoke at the Democratic National Convention, and has said, "There is an attack on women’s health care and President Obama's policies are the only ones that are...
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 24 mins ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago