Ideally a woman would never have an abortion because every pregnancy would be wanted and welcome, and would have no ill effect on her health. However, we do not live in an ideal world. So it is important to maintain this right. No one looks forward to an abortion. That is just totally preposterous. And I think the right to control one's reproductive life--to make one's own decision whether or not to bear children--is a crucial right for women to have. It has implications for their education, employment, and personal happiness. And yes, I'm talking about the right TO have children as well as the right not to. It's the individual woman's choice (with her spouse or anyone else she CHOOSES to involve), not a choice for the rest of us to make.
An article earlier this year in Politico speculated that this presidential election may be the first one ever to be decided by women. The Obama campaign understands this, and has trotted out a series of ditzy female celebrities to declare their support for Obama because he is for “women’s rights.” Eva Longoria, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Ashley Judd, Scarlett Johansson and others have come out publicly with statements within the past few weeks. Longoria spoke at the Democratic National Convention, and has said, "There is an attack on women’s health care and President Obama's policies are the only ones that are...
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 17 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 14 hours ago