Stupid column--Mike seems bitter that white Christian heterosexual men have to share their sandbox. Now, I'm a liberal, but I will grant that people sometimes get carried away with identity politics, and I hope someday we can get beyond them, but the reason identity politics came to be was that so many people were excluded because of their race, gender, religion, etc. Also, as far as discrimination based on protected categories (to be linguistically correct, it should say protected characteristics), this actually protects everyone. If you can't discriminate based on race, you can't discriminate against people for being black, but you also can't discriminate against them for being white.
Dianne Harrison is the new president of California State University, Northridge (CSUN). It’s a small college in the Golden State but it sure is loaded with diversity. How do I know? Because Dianne has written a letter to the entire university, telling everyone how diverse they are and, more importantly, what a great person she is because she loves diversity. In her short email of around 800 words she refers to diversity no less than 17 times (and I have highlighted them in bold letters). Because it is so dripping with Orwellian double-speak, I thought it would be fun to reproduce...
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 58 minutes ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Watch the most infuriating interview on the Israel-Gaza conflict yet Noah Rothman 4 hours ago