Stupid column--Mike seems bitter that white Christian heterosexual men have to share their sandbox. Now, I'm a liberal, but I will grant that people sometimes get carried away with identity politics, and I hope someday we can get beyond them, but the reason identity politics came to be was that so many people were excluded because of their race, gender, religion, etc. Also, as far as discrimination based on protected categories (to be linguistically correct, it should say protected characteristics), this actually protects everyone. If you can't discriminate based on race, you can't discriminate against people for being black, but you also can't discriminate against them for being white.
Dianne Harrison is the new president of California State University, Northridge (CSUN). It’s a small college in the Golden State but it sure is loaded with diversity. How do I know? Because Dianne has written a letter to the entire university, telling everyone how diverse they are and, more importantly, what a great person she is because she loves diversity. In her short email of around 800 words she refers to diversity no less than 17 times (and I have highlighted them in bold letters). Because it is so dripping with Orwellian double-speak, I thought it would be fun to reproduce...
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 31 minutes ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago