Stupid column--Mike seems bitter that white Christian heterosexual men have to share their sandbox. Now, I'm a liberal, but I will grant that people sometimes get carried away with identity politics, and I hope someday we can get beyond them, but the reason identity politics came to be was that so many people were excluded because of their race, gender, religion, etc. Also, as far as discrimination based on protected categories (to be linguistically correct, it should say protected characteristics), this actually protects everyone. If you can't discriminate based on race, you can't discriminate against people for being black, but you also can't discriminate against them for being white.
Dianne Harrison is the new president of California State University, Northridge (CSUN). It’s a small college in the Golden State but it sure is loaded with diversity. How do I know? Because Dianne has written a letter to the entire university, telling everyone how diverse they are and, more importantly, what a great person she is because she loves diversity. In her short email of around 800 words she refers to diversity no less than 17 times (and I have highlighted them in bold letters). Because it is so dripping with Orwellian double-speak, I thought it would be fun to reproduce...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 8 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago