If we remember back to when schools actually taught such things, the linchpin of the American Constitution is the Bill of Rights. Those were the rights the founding fathers of this great nation felt were necessary to spell out in the...
Funny that almost no one knows this. But then, schools are so busy rewriting history, who has time to teach what actually happened. SCOTUS ruled themselves the constitutional interpretation power in the case of Marbury v. Madison, which was decided during the first term of President Thomas Jefferson. "The question whether the judges are invested with exclusive authority to decide on the constitutionality of a law has been heretofore a subject of consideration with me in the exercise of official duties. Certainly there is not a word in the Constitution which has given that power to them more than to the Executive or Legislative branches." --Thomas Jefferson to W. H. Torrance, 1815. ME 14:303
Let me commit political heresy in this presidential election year: It’s not the economy, stupid! Our first freedoms—those freedoms enumerated in the First Amendment—are being recklessly discarded by the ruling class in favor of government ideology. It seems that America’s citizenry has become so numb to outrageous political acts that even trampling our constitutional rights barely raises an eyebrow.
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 21 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 12 hours ago