If we remember back to when schools actually taught such things, the linchpin of the American Constitution is the Bill of Rights. Those were the rights the founding fathers of this great nation felt were necessary to spell out in the...
Funny that almost no one knows this. But then, schools are so busy rewriting history, who has time to teach what actually happened. SCOTUS ruled themselves the constitutional interpretation power in the case of Marbury v. Madison, which was decided during the first term of President Thomas Jefferson. "The question whether the judges are invested with exclusive authority to decide on the constitutionality of a law has been heretofore a subject of consideration with me in the exercise of official duties. Certainly there is not a word in the Constitution which has given that power to them more than to the Executive or Legislative branches." --Thomas Jefferson to W. H. Torrance, 1815. ME 14:303
Let me commit political heresy in this presidential election year: It’s not the economy, stupid! Our first freedoms—those freedoms enumerated in the First Amendment—are being recklessly discarded by the ruling class in favor of government ideology. It seems that America’s citizenry has become so numb to outrageous political acts that even trampling our constitutional rights barely raises an eyebrow.
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 12 hours ago