The Labor Department sought on Monday to quell worries that Hurricane Sandy, which has closed federal offices as it bears down on the East Coast, could delay the scheduled release of its monthly employment numbers on Friday. “The employees at the Bureau of Labor Statistics are working hard to ensure the timely release of employment data on Friday, Nov. 2,” Labor Department spokesman Carl Fillichio said in a statement. “It is our intention that...
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidate start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 3 hours ago