The Labor Department sought on Monday to quell worries that Hurricane Sandy, which has closed federal offices as it bears down on the East Coast, could delay the scheduled release of its monthly employment numbers on Friday. “The employees at the Bureau of Labor Statistics are working hard to ensure the timely release of employment data on Friday, Nov. 2,” Labor Department spokesman Carl Fillichio said in a statement. “It is our intention that...
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago