The Labor Department sought on Monday to quell worries that Hurricane Sandy, which has closed federal offices as it bears down on the East Coast, could delay the scheduled release of its monthly employment numbers on Friday. “The employees at the Bureau of Labor Statistics are working hard to ensure the timely release of employment data on Friday, Nov. 2,” Labor Department spokesman Carl Fillichio said in a statement. “It is our intention that...
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago