The Labor Department sought on Monday to quell worries that Hurricane Sandy, which has closed federal offices as it bears down on the East Coast, could delay the scheduled release of its monthly employment numbers on Friday. “The employees at the Bureau of Labor Statistics are working hard to ensure the timely release of employment data on Friday, Nov. 2,” Labor Department spokesman Carl Fillichio said in a statement. “It is our intention that...
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 29 minutes ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago