The Labor Department sought on Monday to quell worries that Hurricane Sandy, which has closed federal offices as it bears down on the East Coast, could delay the scheduled release of its monthly employment numbers on Friday. “The employees at the Bureau of Labor Statistics are working hard to ensure the timely release of employment data on Friday, Nov. 2,” Labor Department spokesman Carl Fillichio said in a statement. “It is our intention that...
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 34 mins ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago