During a panel discussion at the Conference on World Affairs in Colorado last April, a member of the audience rose to ask a tendentious political question, before adding that she was not interested in hearing a response from the only conservative on stage -- yours truly. I was a bit miffed by the close-minded slight until a fellow panelist, Arizona State Senator Kyrsten Sinema, pushed back on my behalf. The Democratic legislator slapped down the questioner's Lefty assumptions and waxed eloquent about the importance of bipartisanship. Sinema and I ended up chatting at length at a reception later that evening. ...
In response to:
This weird chick is a necrophiliac’s dream! No wonder she’s a commie!
- Here we go: Obama now reviewing deportation policy after pressure from immigration activists Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- House Democrats: We can’t build Keystone XL ’cause we need to keep 80 percent of our resources below ground Erika Johnsen 58 minutes ago
- Rand Paul: Republicans must agree to disagree on social issues in order to grow the party Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Russian FM after meeting with Kerry: Russia has no “common vision” on Crimea with the west Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago