During a panel discussion at the Conference on World Affairs in Colorado last April, a member of the audience rose to ask a tendentious political question, before adding that she was not interested in hearing a response from the only conservative on stage -- yours truly. I was a bit miffed by the close-minded slight until a fellow panelist, Arizona State Senator Kyrsten Sinema, pushed back on my behalf. The Democratic legislator slapped down the questioner's Lefty assumptions and waxed eloquent about the importance of bipartisanship. Sinema and I ended up chatting at length at a reception later that evening. ...
In response to:
This weird chick is a necrophiliac’s dream! No wonder she’s a commie!
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 38 mins ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago