It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
As I wrote in another venue last evening, 12-16-2012, the answer to the school rampage shootings is not gun control. The answer is to arm the school teachers and administration personnel who have undergone and passed the mental health tests required for their job. Teachers and admin personnel should be required to bear arms and also to be proficient in the use of that weapon and qualify on a semi-annual or quarterly basis. If any one of the deceased staff members had been armed the outcome could have been 1 dead instead of 27.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago