In response to:
That's taking a heck of a chance, after all, how many politicians can say they haven't told a lie? I think politicians should get 20 years at hard labor, no pardon, no probation and no parole plus lose any accrued benefits upon conviction for lying to the public. That would end about 99% of the garbage that gets manufactured in Washington, DC. Who knows, Congress might even produce some workable legislation and a budget for the first time this decade.
"Three down and one to go. That's the scorecard for the American electorate evaluating the Republican and Democratic nominees for president and vice president, based on their performances in the total of four nationally televised debates. Thus far, viewers have indeed been exposed to differing styles offered by the four candidates (including Smirkin' Joe Biden's insufferable and childish attempts to throw Paul Ryan off stride with his repeated interruptions and bouts of laughter). We also have been able to glean glimpses of each man's substantive views on at least some of the important issues the next administration will face.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014