TEA_CRACKER Wrote: "The context of the 2nd Amendment is no longer fully relevant, as it was written with the intention of giving early Americans stopping power against the many Kings overseas as well as the Native Americans and other settled peoples neighboring us on all sides." ----------------- Tea_Cracker really needs an "unrevised" history lesson - or perhaps read the Federalist Papers. Arming the citizens was to protect them against ALL enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC (that means a repressive federal government, genius). Rather than needing "updated" for the 21st Century, based upon what's happening in D.C., we need to STRENGTHEN the 2nd Amendment!
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago