Much as the tectonic plates endlessly grind against each other, so it goes with the Right and the Left. The latest eruption due to the inordinate amount of friction brought on by Obamacare created the Tea Party in a futile attempt to suspend the slippage. The stable part of our country has stood strong for the last 237 years, but the "Progressive Plate" is now creating a widening and destructive rift in America. With any luck by 2016 the friction will subside and America will gain its stability and once again be the envy of the world.
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 19 hours ago