Our President has rated his own performance as an incomplete. He signed up for a tough course after seeing the requirements and prerequisites in the course catalog. He stated after being accepted into the class if he didn't do the work - he should not be readmitted. Then; as the grading period draws to a close, he chooses a rating of incomplete to avoid acknowledging failure. He should be allowed the final months of his term to bring his grade up to an "F"; but in no way should it qualify him to move on to the advanced "Second Term" class.
With only 63 days until the election, President Obama is seeking a grade of "incomplete" on the economy. This is, of course, a far cry from his February 2009 assertion that he had three years to get the economy back on its feet, or otherwise his presidency would be a "one term proposition."
The reasons that Obama would be dodging a letter grade on his performance are obvious. But isn't asking for our votes on the basis of an "incomplete" a little like asking America to vote "Present" (as Obama himself did earlier...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago