Our President has rated his own performance as an incomplete. He signed up for a tough course after seeing the requirements and prerequisites in the course catalog. He stated after being accepted into the class if he didn't do the work - he should not be readmitted. Then; as the grading period draws to a close, he chooses a rating of incomplete to avoid acknowledging failure. He should be allowed the final months of his term to bring his grade up to an "F"; but in no way should it qualify him to move on to the advanced "Second Term" class.
With only 63 days until the election, President Obama is seeking a grade of "incomplete" on the economy. This is, of course, a far cry from his February 2009 assertion that he had three years to get the economy back on its feet, or otherwise his presidency would be a "one term proposition."
The reasons that Obama would be dodging a letter grade on his performance are obvious. But isn't asking for our votes on the basis of an "incomplete" a little like asking America to vote "Present" (as Obama himself did earlier...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 23 mins ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign; Update: Burke: Hey, no biggie Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Will the press find Panetta and Clinton’s pangs of conscience as compelling as Colin Powell’s? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “F*** it, I quit”: Alaska reporter resigns on air after revealing she runs the cannabis club she just reported on Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- What does the Hillary-Alinksy letter reveal? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago