With Mitt Romney now the presumptive Republican nominee, the battle for the 2012 Presidency has begun in earnest. And, as is not uncommon, the outcome of this year's race is expected to hinge on that slice of the electorate that doesn't pledge fealty to any political party, the so-called independent voters. According to a recent article in the New York Times, many top Republican strategists are concerned that a growing focus on social issues by the Party's base has the potential to alienate Independents from the ticket this fall. Victory lies, they insist, with the candidate that makes the most...
Ron Paul is still the only GOP candidate who consistently scores well in polls against Obama. The GOP insiders, controlled by the same financial and corporate Elites who control the Democrats, wanted anyone but Paul. Ron Paul wants to put an end to their game of fleecing America and turning us into a police state with no economic future but serfdom. The Elites are content with whichever puppet meets their needs at the time. Obama has served them well, as will Romney. Even when talking about the GOP short-sighted electoral pragmatism, the author can't bring himself to mention the Man of Principle, the Defender of the Constitution, who appeals to anti-war Democrats, Independents and the Youth vote. The Liberty Movement is growing daily.
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 29 minutes ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago