Exhibit A of today's kind of author: Jenny McCarthy, the former Playboy centerfold who's parlayed her nudie shots into a long list of TV gigs, and six best-selling "humor"/advice books (which absolutely no one might guess were written by someone else). Her latest must be her lamest. It's called "Bad Habits: Confessions of a Recovering Catholic." She's wearing...
You just read an article about mindless writing .. and followed it up with a mindless comment. Good grief.
The book industry seems to be collapsing, at least that hallowed old paper-and-glue industry that promoted serious ideas. Even talk radio and TV hosts are spending less time with authors. There are exceptions, but they won't make you feel optimistic about books.
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 3 hours ago