In response to:
Of course the "fiscal cliff" is just one big distraction, a diversion as always, from what is really going on in Washington. What Congress, the Senate and the White House conveniently fail to mention is that the U.S. government's daily income is $5 billion, while its expenditures are $11 billion every day. Add to this the fact that the 'government' pays $854 million each day on interest alone and then my fellow Americans......do the math. The current $16.5 trillion debt of this once great nation is, by the way, a mere 1/5 th of the real, true and total national debt of $86 trillion. This is what our erstwhile politicians in Washington do not talk about in public. The lies, deceit, corruption and cowardliness. Good luck, America.
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago