In response to:
Of course the "fiscal cliff" is just one big distraction, a diversion as always, from what is really going on in Washington. What Congress, the Senate and the White House conveniently fail to mention is that the U.S. government's daily income is $5 billion, while its expenditures are $11 billion every day. Add to this the fact that the 'government' pays $854 million each day on interest alone and then my fellow Americans......do the math. The current $16.5 trillion debt of this once great nation is, by the way, a mere 1/5 th of the real, true and total national debt of $86 trillion. This is what our erstwhile politicians in Washington do not talk about in public. The lies, deceit, corruption and cowardliness. Good luck, America.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 11 hours ago