Liberalism offers up a utopian vision of the world and then invites its practitioners to feel good about themselves for embracing it. Not only does this beautiful fantasy world never come to pass, liberalism fails to address the root causes of the problems it sets out to solve while creating whole new disasters in the process. In other words, it's a never ending circle. There's a problem, liberalism is offered up as the solution, it doesn't work and creates more problems, for which liberalism is offered up as the solution, etc., etc., etc. until you're starving, bankrupt, or your society...
The question is whether government or someone else should help. Using government force to require A to pay B's bills forces A into slavery to B. On the other hand, freedom gives individuals motivation to reduce poverty by creating wealth while family members, insurance companies, and voluntary charities provide safety nets without creating a slave class, a parasite class, a criminal political class, rampant poverty, and massive public debt.
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 33 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago