For example, during the 2008 election campaign, Obama 1 spoke of "opening up and creating more transparency in government," so that government spending plans would be posted on the Internet for days before they passed into legislation. After he was elected president, Obama said, "My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level...
The only thing that's important for Obama and the Dems is keeping the Blacks on the government plantation. Keeping them feeling that they're victims, and more precisely, victims of the OTHER party, is the easiest way to do that. They cannot tolerate a Thomas Sowell, who raised himself off the plantation by his own hard work and education. (Unless, like The 0, he has managed to continue to favor the Dem party and its redistributionist policies, of course. See, e.g., the entire CBC--though "educated" might not describe most of them.)
Many voters will be comparing Mitt Romney with Barack Obama between now and election day. But what might be even more revealing would be comparing Obama with Obama. There is a big contrast between Obama based on his rhetoric ("Obama 1") and Obama based on his record ("Obama 2").
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 13 hours ago