The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
In other words, it's about as effective as "gun control" laws and "gun-free zones."
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Ukrainian President warns joint session of Congress of the ‘new Cold War’ Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Open thread: Will Scotland declare independence? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Syrian rebels openly admit: We’re going to use America’s money to fight Assad, not just ISIS Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- VA: Actually, those secret wait lists did have something to do with the deaths Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Alexandra Jaffe, Eliana Johnson Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Politics of man who sought to firebomb black congressman’s office won’t surprise you Noah Rothman 3 hours ago