A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
I notice you quote Madison in #10. Explain to us why Madison went on to found the political party? And why he and Jefferson took the so-called "flora and fauna" trip to New York so that they could enlist the aid of Aaron Burr and form the ultimate faction, a political party. And why he and Jefferson detested, among others, bankers and brokers (Jefferson called them stock-jobbers). My point is simple ... if you quote Madison, put it in context. Madison, to be admired for sure, was an ultimate political operator. To ignore those skills does him a disservice and distorts history. Therein lies the origin of mass political organization.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 10 hours ago