Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
The Republicans' "ace in the hole" was to win the election. We didn't do that. I say the GOP should put forward their plan showing a focused and balanced approach to the fiscal issues we are facing, expose the Obama proposal for the demagoguery that it is and then give the President exactly what he wants because "that is what the people voted for". If it works, then we were wrong. If it doesn't, it is clearly tied around his ankles. The GOP cannot hold back the rising tide of lazy, selfish and stupid in this country. I say stop trying. Smart, generouse and hardworking Americans will find a way despite them.
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 4 minutes ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 52 minutes ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago