The AFL-CIO has told Washington Whispers it will redeploy funds away from political candidates smack dab in the middle of election season, the latest sign that the largest federation of unions in the country could be becoming increasingly disillusioned with President Obama. The federation says the shift has been in the works for months, and had nothing to do with the president's failure to show in Wisconsin last week, where labor unions led a failed recall election of Governor Scott...
In response to:
I hope this is where the AFL-CIO stays this election cycle, but this feels a lot like posturing by the union so don't assume this is the "final position". They are angry with Obama and the DNC and are clearly making a point but seem to be leaving some room for more backroom discussions. That said, the Democrats have found a way to screw up their message, money and ground game just as the economic smoke and mirrors is clearing and folks are seeing just how weak Obama's economy really is. Let's hope this perfect storm keeps a blowin'.... We really can't afford four more years of incompetence.... amateur hour is over.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 8 hours ago