While the nation is engulfed in the Supreme Court hearings on Obamacare, retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor has been touring the country – most recently in Greenville, SC – to continue campaigning for her favorite pet issue: abolishing elections for state judges. Her quest, simply put, is to eliminate the right of the voters to decide their judges. She will not sleep, nor apparently let you; as evidenced by her 1am robocall to Nevada voters to gain support on this issue, until the most common method for selecting state judges is replaced by a method that is dominated...
In response to:
She needs to REALLY retire and get out of the political realm altogether. The remaining states that don't elect judges need to change their laws or constitutions to allow for that. The voice of the people needs to be heard at the local level so that the federal level gets an unmistakable message.
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 32 mins ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago