While the nation is engulfed in the Supreme Court hearings on Obamacare, retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor has been touring the country – most recently in Greenville, SC – to continue campaigning for her favorite pet issue: abolishing elections for state judges. Her quest, simply put, is to eliminate the right of the voters to decide their judges. She will not sleep, nor apparently let you; as evidenced by her 1am robocall to Nevada voters to gain support on this issue, until the most common method for selecting state judges is replaced by a method that is dominated...
In response to:
She needs to REALLY retire and get out of the political realm altogether. The remaining states that don't elect judges need to change their laws or constitutions to allow for that. The voice of the people needs to be heard at the local level so that the federal level gets an unmistakable message.
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 18 minutes ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 58 minutes ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Be of good cheer, subjects: An heir to the throne is due Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 3 hours ago