CHARLOTTE, NC - Day one of the Democratic National Convention was a tale of two events. Throughout the early evening session -- prior to the major primetime hour -- the proceedings featured angry attacks on Mitt Romney and Republicans, an unshakeable fixation on trivial, minor issues (other than jobs and the economy), and a disquieting, heavy emphasis on abortion and divisive social issues. Especially unpleasant were the patriotism-questioning shout-fest from former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland ("If Mitt Romney were Santa, he'd fire the Reindeer and outsource the elves!") and the pro-abortion screed from the president of NARAL, a hardcore pro-abortion...
In response to:
I'm so tired of seeing Michelle's bare arms. As usual, she was dressed inappropriately. Can't wait until she stops spending taxpayer money.
- David Brooks: What America needs now is a stronger presidency with “unified authority” Allahpundit 21 minutes ago
- Iranians have a fit, walk out of ‘technical’ talks after U.S. blacklists sanctions-evaders Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- The dream is alive: Huckabee thinking of running in 2016 Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Chinese naval vessel tries to stop US Navy vessel in the South China Sea Steve Eggleston 2 hours ago
- Poll: Majority recognize common sense, realize Keystone XL is a fake controversy Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Obama administration considering support for Islamists in Syria? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago