I have a defined retirement plan; I get 2% of my final salary times the number of years I worked when I retire. Every year I worked I paid 8% of my gross into a state plan, my employer paid the same just like Social Security. The difference is......my retirement was in a real lock box. That money wasn't spent by the politicians on something else or to balance this year’s budget. unlike Social Security. It earns interest compounded annually like an IRA or a 401k. It was local government who put off paying their share in, causing a deficit projected for the future. I couldn't not pay my share but local government took a holiday on paying their share, like buying something on credit, and now they owe the principle and the interest.
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago