Normally I like what you write, but this was very unfair to Aiken. A much wiser piece was written by Rachel Alexander. Aiken is a very decent man. Decent enough to try to understand before you distort him. Are you half as big a man as Aiken, and willing to apologize for going way too far in mischaracterizing Aikens "error". My esteem for a lot of "conservative pundits has really been lowered by their ganging up on one of the best people in congress, even to the point of demanding that he resign. With this new Aiken standard that you pundits have created, there won't be very many people left to run for office. Both Romney and Ryan supported the terribly misguided "Keynesian" bailouts. Shouldn't they have resigned a long time ago?
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 48 mins ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago