Normally I like what you write, but this was very unfair to Aiken. A much wiser piece was written by Rachel Alexander. Aiken is a very decent man. Decent enough to try to understand before you distort him. Are you half as big a man as Aiken, and willing to apologize for going way too far in mischaracterizing Aikens "error". My esteem for a lot of "conservative pundits has really been lowered by their ganging up on one of the best people in congress, even to the point of demanding that he resign. With this new Aiken standard that you pundits have created, there won't be very many people left to run for office. Both Romney and Ryan supported the terribly misguided "Keynesian" bailouts. Shouldn't they have resigned a long time ago?
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago