Normally I like what you write, but this was very unfair to Aiken. A much wiser piece was written by Rachel Alexander. Aiken is a very decent man. Decent enough to try to understand before you distort him. Are you half as big a man as Aiken, and willing to apologize for going way too far in mischaracterizing Aikens "error". My esteem for a lot of "conservative pundits has really been lowered by their ganging up on one of the best people in congress, even to the point of demanding that he resign. With this new Aiken standard that you pundits have created, there won't be very many people left to run for office. Both Romney and Ryan supported the terribly misguided "Keynesian" bailouts. Shouldn't they have resigned a long time ago?
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 30 mins ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago