The Politics of Personal Distraction

pkarandi Wrote: Apr 13, 2014 9:07 PM
What I like about your reply is that as a liberal, you read an article like this and then choose to make an argument based on semantics, rather than logic.
I have been a fan of hers since she was on the local morning radio program here in the Washington, DC area. She and Bryan Niemann were excellent. Very articulate, reasonable, and intelligent. Of course, she was so good she moved on within 2 years and soon enough she was on TV with Bill O'Reilly. (Bryan Niemann moved on too). Congrats MKH. You sure deserve to be a rising star in the conservative community.
Your posts have been so stupid that I am reluctantly replying... but the short answer to your question is: they are paying for it! (or a portion of it). If someone (the religious institution in this example) is paying to subsidize something for their employees, they should have full rights to determine what they will/won't pay for. No one is forcing these people to work for a religious institution. This is how the free market works. Damn, I wish you stupid libs would get a clue.

The King Legacy: Don’t Disrespect

pkarandi Wrote: Jan 20, 2014 9:31 PM
Geez Lilith... is there a point you are trying to make in your rant? "The democrats had no trouble making the election about 1850's thought, leaving out the comtmpory mindset of that era for comparison of course. Couldn't get it on behavior, or lack of credentials, or unAmerican political stance, so they went cynically forward with digging into the most controversial and "different" (note that--different, peculiar). " WTF?!?!
I think the part that perfectly exemplifies the idiocy of most liberals is this: "and obviously doesn't care enough about making the program successful to sign up." Who in their right mind thinks this way? Why should ANYONE buy into a program just because "they care to make it successful?!?!?!" They should buy into a program because they think the program meets some cost/benefit value to them! You liberal fools need to understand that most people, no matter how hard you try to fight it, will work towards their own self-interest. That is why capitalism works, and your leftist feel-good policies don't. You simply can't entice people to work against their self-interests, unless you force them, and that would be far worse than any of capitalism's pitfalls. I also love how the original guy states he has a Masters Degree without mentioning in what field, or from which school. There are dozens of worthless masters degrees out there, that with a modicum of research, he would have easily known the job prospects before pursuing (and paying for) that degree. Ugh... Liberal idiocy is just so hard to stomach. I can't help thinking this country is doomed because there are so many idiots like these guys out there, and they are so proud to vote for 0bama, Reid, Pelosi, Elizabeth Warren, Terry McAuliffe, etc.

Christie, Hillary and Obama

pkarandi Wrote: Jan 15, 2014 9:36 PM
This quote truly is brilliant and insightful. Unfortunately, it is also precisely the reason I am pessimistic about the future of this great country.
Ummm, please read the following article before using the phrase "trickle down theory" again. Thanks. http://townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/2014/01/07/the-trickledown-lie-n1772687/page/full

Redskins: No Harm, No Foul, Mr. Costas

pkarandi Wrote: Oct 16, 2013 4:48 PM
You're mixing my two points. I didn't claim the Bullets changed their name because it was offensive. My point about the Bullets/Wizards was simply that changing the name was capable without too much adverse affect on the organization, so it should be equally straightforward to do for the Redskins. I answered your second question many times above...

Redskins: No Harm, No Foul, Mr. Costas

pkarandi Wrote: Oct 16, 2013 4:21 PM
Agreed. I don't understand why this simple fact is lost on people. Also, it's just a team name. The Bullets changed their name to Wizards and it was no big deal. Why is it so hard to change the Redskins to something else?

Redskins: No Harm, No Foul, Mr. Costas

pkarandi Wrote: Oct 16, 2013 4:01 PM
But they call themselves "Mormons." Do Native Americans call themselves "Redskins?" No. (Not that I know of at least).