Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
"There has to be a balance between self-determination and the common good. " And if that balance is lost and unrecoverable? Do you determine what that "balance" is? Who determines what the "common good" is? You? Obama? I would have said the Constitution of the United States determined it. Those in federal power completely and utterly and totally disregard that social contract with The People. When is it that The People can declare the contract breeched and broken? Never? When the Attorney General grants permission? That is totalitarianism. Serious questions. I would like to hear the answers.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 40 mins ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition; Update: “Poor choice of words” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago