Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
"There has to be a balance between self-determination and the common good. " And if that balance is lost and unrecoverable? Do you determine what that "balance" is? Who determines what the "common good" is? You? Obama? I would have said the Constitution of the United States determined it. Those in federal power completely and utterly and totally disregard that social contract with The People. When is it that The People can declare the contract breeched and broken? Never? When the Attorney General grants permission? That is totalitarianism. Serious questions. I would like to hear the answers.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 4 hours ago