It's an awful, slow-motion tragedy touching tens of millions of Americans, especially when you add all the family members and dependents who are also affected. And...
Amid all the accusations and counteraccusations over Medicare, the Ryan budget and whether Mitt Romney is a felon, a tax cheat or a killer, it sometimes seems the political world has forgotten that the unemployment rate is 8.3 percent. If you add in all the people who want to work but have given up looking, plus those who are forced to take a part-time job when they need full-time work, the figure is 15 percent.
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 18 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago