It's an awful, slow-motion tragedy touching tens of millions of Americans, especially when you add all the family members and dependents who are also affected. And...
Amid all the accusations and counteraccusations over Medicare, the Ryan budget and whether Mitt Romney is a felon, a tax cheat or a killer, it sometimes seems the political world has forgotten that the unemployment rate is 8.3 percent. If you add in all the people who want to work but have given up looking, plus those who are forced to take a part-time job when they need full-time work, the figure is 15 percent.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago