It is puzzling that so many minorities voted for Barack Obama over Mitt Romney considering how disproportionately they have suffered economically during Obama's presidency. Black unemployment under Obama increased at a higher pace than whites, from 12.7% to 14.1%, ending at almost twice the unemployment rate of whites. Now, one out of every seven blacks is unemployed. White unemployment barely increased under Obama, from 7.1% to 7.4%.
In response to:
stedes, you make my day. A solid informative view from the left. An honest exchange of perceptions vital to bringing us back to making the brotherhood of man uppermost in people's minds, rather than diversity. Diversity is on the surface, so its easily seen and leads to groupthink. Brotherhood is based on the deepseated values common to all of us, which tend to require a bit more patience and effort to discern. Having explained the minority viewpoint, I suggest you examine it from at least 2 directions. First, does it serve you? Second, you see the misinterpretation of minority thinking by conservatives, do you agree it might be possible there is misinterpretation of conservative thinking by minorities?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 minutes ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago