According to the December 2012 employment situation report, job growth stalled out in the final three months of 2012, as the number of employed Americans (143,305,000) was nearly unchanged from the levels recorded in the previous two months.
That outcome is consistent with our earlier observation that the fourth quarter of 2012 would likely see a significant deceleration in economic activity following the comparatively robust pace of growth recorded in the third quarter.
Breaking down the employment situation by age groups, we find that the number of employed...
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 38 minutes ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago