It certainly looks like the left wing vote buyers have succeeded in creating a dependency/vote cycle. Its a pity that the bought voters don't see they have sold their opportunity for upward social and economic mobility. There are no marketable skills or promotions connected with welfare and/or food stamps, whereas starting in the mail room or behind a counter used to be an entry point that could carry a shrewd industrious person to solid achievement. But food stamps and welfare require other people's money, and the dependency cycle reduces the other people. When borrowing begins, the end is inevitable.
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 38 mins ago
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Parents of fallen SEAL demand Obama resignation Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago