Guilty of myopia as charged, myopia being a narrow viewpoint. My statement claiming dictators in Chile and Singapore straighted out governmental messes and left greatly improved government and economy behind them as they departed is easily supported by a quick google check. Your arch comment "Singapore - really?" is meaningless drivel. As to Washington's power as first president, he was so universally admired he could have been president for life had he so chosen. He set the standards for the office that lasted 150 years. My opinion he was close to being a benevolent dictator, but rejected that role, is merely opinion. Certainly up for discussion by any amiable well-informed person. Do you know of any?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 5 hours ago