The Washington Post's headline is "Spending by independent groups had little...
True , but corporations learned this first in the 1980's and so did the 1%. Read your history 1940's -1960's and look at the tax rates for both. Trickle down economics does not work and must be reversed.
Much digital ink and wind is being expended today on the interwebs and cable TV lamenting the ineffectiveness of outside spending from conservative-aligned groups in electing Republican candidates. Indeed, some of the largest groups spent incredible amounts of money to what looks to be little effect. Many Republican candidates who had large SuperPACs behind them lost, and in what looked to be winnable races. This wasn't just Mitt Romney - it was down the ballot with candidates like Josh Mandel, Scott Brown, Tommy Thompson and George Allen.
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 47 mins ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago