Today, the spring of 2013, where is the American "white man's" freedom from the subjugation of kings, nobles, and priests? Work, school, home, society, politics, and economics the American "white man" is not free in or at all sectors. If not kings, nobles, and priests, what are the forces which spin the American "white man" from one subjugation to the next for over 200 years? Never a spin toward him/her being a free person.
Before Thomas Jefferson took office as the third President of the United States, he spent five years as America’s Minister (ambassador) to France. From this perspective, Jefferson wrote of the pervasive civil immaturity among the citizens of Europe. In his missive to fellow Declaration of Independence signer George Wythe, Jefferson noted Europe's shameful comparison to the culture of freedom and rugged individualism that was flourishing in the New World.
“If all the...
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 11 mins ago
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago