Repeating myself, think sedition and treason. Now think Jackie Robinson. keeping the thought, think Rosa Parks. Who else to think about, the Williams sisters, tennis players. Think Roe vs. Wade. To continue thinking, finally what about Barack Obama. They never challenged, government. Those Americans living in a free and equal country that has civil liberties they each chellenged the status quo, the existing conditioned status quo. Antiquated rules. Out of touch authorities. Rules that were was lousy then when they were enforced. Rules that were contemptible then. If re-stored to American today they would sinister and contemptible. They want to control with force rather then ideas.
Public misunderstanding, ignorance and possibly contempt for liberty play into the hands of people who want to control our lives. Responses to my recent column "Compliant Americans" brought this home to me. In it, I argued that the anti-tobacco movement became the template and inspiration for other forms of government intrusion, such as bans on restaurants serving foie gras, McDonald's giving Happy Meals with toys, and confiscating a child's home-prepared lunch because it didn't meet Department of Agriculture guidelines. A few responses read like this: "Smoking is different because that actually affects other people. We should be living by the notion...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago