So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
Appropriate name there comrade. Minimum wage is for those just starting out, or if you will those that are not worth being payed any more. A look at the issue of minimum wage shows that a very small % actually are the main money providers of a family. Since the average income level of WalMart customers is lower on average than that of other merchandisers, higher wages will result in higher prices paid by the very people that you purport to help. If sales reduce to a point that WalMart has to contract, then the ones hurt will be not only the direct employees, but the employees of their supplying companies. Oh, by the way, the owners of WalMart are the stock holders. Not just the Walton family but thousands of average people.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014