So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
Appropriate name there comrade. Minimum wage is for those just starting out, or if you will those that are not worth being payed any more. A look at the issue of minimum wage shows that a very small % actually are the main money providers of a family. Since the average income level of WalMart customers is lower on average than that of other merchandisers, higher wages will result in higher prices paid by the very people that you purport to help. If sales reduce to a point that WalMart has to contract, then the ones hurt will be not only the direct employees, but the employees of their supplying companies. Oh, by the way, the owners of WalMart are the stock holders. Not just the Walton family but thousands of average people.
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 14 mins ago
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 54 mins ago
- Whiplash: Politifact absolves Democrat who repeated…Politifact’s lie of the year Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- VA whistle-blowers receive settlements for retaliation Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Pierson to Congress: White House intrusion will never happen again Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: Semi-retired president has skipped more than half of his daily security briefings this year Allahpundit 3 hours ago