Coburn details a $27 million U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) program for pottery classes in Morocco. The program, which has a questionable premise in the first place, was doomed due to incompetence and mismanagement....
In response to:
Yeah, so any semi questionable incumbents (when in doubt- throw them out) should be voted AGAINST. It's better to vote for the 'unknown quantity' than to vote for a dull middle of the road 'politician'. Most incumbents are middle of the herd seeking cowards. If any of them stand out it's because they're raising the hackles of their middle ground peers in Congress. If any politician plays it safe and quietly hides in the middle of the political pack, that's proof they are playing us. Dump that trash.
Senator Tom Coburn released the Wastebook 2012 today detailing the 100 most egregious wastes of taxpayer money. The two hundred page report details waste in all manner of federal spending - from multi-billion dollar programs all the way down to a $300 grant to a small-town library for a Star Wars-themed event. It's emblematic of the waste found everywhere in the federal budget.
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 20 minutes ago
- Lavrov: Russia will respond in Ukraine if interests “attacked” … like we did in 2008 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo columnist: Home ownership is a lousy investment Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: IRS agents who didn’t pay their taxes get $1 million in bonuses Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Most popular guy in the Party of Fair Share to endorse tax cheat for 23rd term Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago